TheCrims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TheCrims

www.thecrims.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)

Go down 
+2
H70
UltranSa3ek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UltranSa3ek
TC Crew member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) Empty
PostSubject: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:28 am

Hello everyone,

I decided to make this topic because the increasing number to people get hacked, and which it is so important to secure this game specially if Crew Member.

Please follow this tutorial as much as you can.

First to start with, we see alot of players who say "i had got a bot for you" and so on, you must check these files before you open it, so if you don't have anything to check with let them send it to your email and then you download it, it is kind of safer way.

How to secure our PC? and what are the best programs to be used?

Starting with Passwords

many of you choose so sillly or by other means so weak passwords.

so how to make a strong password?

Your password should be at least 8-16 charcters if not more.

It should contain , ABC , abc, 123, $@%^*&
So your final password be in such a shape 9O&k#sE@

Never ever in anyway use Remember my password, never use it, cuz if u did and someone hacked your PC he will get it

Use different password for each account you have in sites (Hotmail , Yahoo, ICQ , GG , Crims)

Also

Code:

About Passwords
Your password is the only way a computer can verify that the person using your account is really you.
Anyone who can enter your password can access your account as if they were you -- perusing your private data,
reading your electronic mail, altering or destroying your files, or performing illegal activities in your name.

Think of your password as a key:
Telling someone your password is like giving them a copy of the keys to your house.
Having an insecure password is like leaving your front door unlocked, and in the electronic world malicious people are
trying your doorknob every day. Choosing a secure password lets you protect your data and software as vigilantly as you
would your tangible belongings.

Never Tell Anyone Your Password
You should never give your password to anyone else. Anyone who knows your password may perform acts using your account that you may be blamed for.

Password Guidelines
Obeying the following guidelines when choosing a password will guard against someone finding out your password and using your account illegally.

DO:

* Use a password that is at least 8 characters long.
* Use a password with a mix of upper-case letters, lower-case letters, numbers, and punctuation. The more different characters you use, the more secure your password is.
* Choose a password that is easy to remember. If you have to write down your password then you won't be able to keep it safe.
* Change your password often. Don't give attackers the time to try your password against every possible combination of letters, numbers and punctuation.

DON'T:

* Use your login name in any form. This includes backwards, doubled, capitalised, etc.
* Use a word in the dictionary. It is easy for attackers to test your password against every word in every known language.
* Use anybody's name. Names are easy to guess, even reversed, or capitalised, and are the first thing an attacker tries.
* Use any personal information. Any information another person can find out about you is not secure. This includes your date of birth, address, telephone number, staff or student ID number, and the same information about anyone you know.
* Use a password that is easily spotted when typing. Passwords that make patterns on the keyboard, like qwer1234, are easy for people looking over your shoulder to recognise.
* Re-use an old password. If someone already knows your old password you are just re-opening the door for them.

Choosing a Secure Password
Try the following techniques for choosing a secure password.

* Choose a line or two from a song, poem, or other phrase and use the first letter, or second letter, etc, of each word with some punctuation and numbers included.
* Choose two short unrelated words and concatenate them together with a punctuation character between them and at the start or end.

What programs do we use to get the max security possible?

AntiVirus: Kaspersky Internet Security 2006
AntiTrojans: Trojan Guarder
IP Changer: Hide IP Platinum
HD-Secure: DeepFreez

In case of recieving a file how to scan it in a right way?

If it was compressed scan it before and after you un-compress it.

Avoid accepting files from users and players without checking them with AntiVirus Program or use this site
http://virusscan.jotti.org/ it is 13 AntiVirus Online scanner.

and please don't be noobs to fall into the fake sites which steal users password like other players, please.

Remember some people would send you fake hotmail or yahoo or any simmilar site, they will send you a login fake page, what it do is to send your email and password to their emails and then they steal your passwords.

Don't leave your email messages that contain your passwords in your inbox, delete it and save it by heart.

Always use a different email for your account than the one you use to chat with friends and don't forget to use different passwords for each email.

Also have in mind that some sites can contain Shells and backdoors, or excutable codes to steal your information.

Delete your cookies, cache, temp. files.

Last but not least FOR GOD SAKE, Keep Updated, Update your AntiVirus, and Windows in regular bases.

If i remember any thing more i will add here.

You may ask your selves why do i think what i say is right and the best to do ?! Simple answer i know about computers security and hacking, and know it's tricks used to know some of people before that have international ranks as hacking teams.

"The Best thing to do is to learn how to use your enemy weapon to know how to stand against him"

===

Delete any bots or macros sent to you by ppl cuz most of them and Iopus too contain trojans.

Format your PC, Change all your passwords, and start clean.

Regards,
UltranSa3ek
TheCrims Administrator

[Posted: 28 Sep 2006 21:03]
Back to top Go down
H70
TC Crew member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:29 am

Really Great Topic If You Do Not Mind I Quoted It ..
So I Need To Ask How To Make Password To My PC On The Network Lan , Cuz I Have Alot Of Parasitics On My Lan

[Posted: 28 Sep 2006 22:37]
Back to top Go down
UltranSa3ek
TC Crew member

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:30 am

Make Administrator Password for openning the PC i think you know how to do this one

--- also this Code:

On XP PRO, you'll need to set up each remote computer with a user log on or give the "Guest" account (if enabled on the remote computer) a specific password which will be recognized by your computer when the share connection is made. The instructions below should help:

Share folders on the network with Windows XP.

Note: This is the quickest method to share a folder on the network for non-specific user connection. This method will allow sharing for anyone who logs on as a "Guest" on the remote computer and who also knows the password you create for the guest account. (You can also use these same basic steps to create only specific user log ons from those same remote computers.)

Before you can password protect or disable open shares on WindowsXP Pro, you must disable Simple Fire Sharing.

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.

2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.

3. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" check box.

4. Click OK.

Windows XP Pro automatically creates a Guest Account, which allows anonymous users access to shared resources on your computer. People who attempt to access shared folders that are explicitly shared will not have to enter a password to gain access to those resources. Please be aware that you should have a password for all shared folders on the network, so you may need to password protect your guest account. By default, this account is disabled when Windows XP Pro is installed. If you want to share files with network users, password protect your Guest Account by following the steps below.

1. Right-click on "My Computer" and click on "Manage"

2. Click on "Local Users and Groups" and then click on "Users".

3. Right-click the Guest account in the right portion of the window and select "Properties"

4. The only boxes that should be checked are "Password never expires" and "User cannot change password."

5. Click OK.

6. Right-click on the Guest Account again, and choose "Set Password." Enter a secure password for network users to use when accessing your shares.

Now add your approved users to your shared folders and remove the "Everyone" option from your "shared" folder. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the shared folder and RIGHT click on it, choose "Sharing and Security". On the "Sharing" tab, click on the "Permissions" button. Click on the "Add" button and add all of the users that you want to have permission.(If you would like to create it so only the "Guest" account has access, then add that account only.) Once those are added, then highlight the "Everyone" listing then click on the "Remove" button. Click on "Apply", then OK, then apply, etc.

For extra help , http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/FileSharing/Windows/win2kxp.html

[Posted: 29 Sep 2006 00:45]
Back to top Go down
ReNNuX
TC Crew member

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:30 am

Very good topic.. Good Job Sa3ek

[Posted: 29 Sep 2006 06:31]
Back to top Go down
memox
TC Crew member

Number of posts : 21

A good program that you all should try is RoboForm. It's a program that encrypts and stores all your passwords in a safe format so you that you can access them easily from your browser. Check out www.roboform.com and you can download a trial version. I think you can find a crack/serial on your favourite serial site

[Posted: 29 Sep 2006 11:10]
Back to top Go down
UltranSa3ek
TC Crew member

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:31 am

Great Program Memox

[Posted: 29 Sep 2006 11:30]
Back to top Go down
Badm4n
TC Crew member

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:31 am

http://my-etrust.com

you can use pestpatrol and e trust antivirus to protect your pc

or maybe you can try internet security
but i believe there is no serial/crack for internet security pack ( yet )

so try to use individual packaged

[Posted: 29 Sep 2006 15:22]
Back to top Go down
fsoumil
TC Crew member

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 12:48 pm

** Use Linux **

[Posted: 30 Nov 2006 19:24]
Back to top Go down
UltranSa3ek
TC Crew member

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 12:50 pm

thats the best quote use Linux

you can download Linux MEPIS 3 it is a nice version

http://www.mepis.org/node/1462

specially for beginners it is easy, just burn it on a CD and you can also run it a live from CD , while installing it or if you dont want to install it , use it from CD =)

Why Linux ?

- It's Free (GNU)
- never halt (built not to halt)
- no .exe ( no viruses no hacking no illegal access to you unless a pro who use Linux shells so it is very safe even from sites)
- faster (windows is sooooooo slow)
- All kind of programs you need are BUILT IN ( office, chat programs, graphics editor , music and video editors )
- for pro users -> you are the control master not your my slave(windows)
- for better programming and web surfing

You can use Linux parallel to Windows by having a stand alone partition for Linux (ext3) (not less than 3GB)

any help for how to install and use it ask and am here
and if you don't like its shape, you can change to cool themes

What suits you best?

[Posted: 22 Dec 2006 20:20]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)   Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155) Empty

Back to top Go down

Security Tips & Tricks (Secure Your PC) (155)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheCrims :: Forum :: Crew-
Jump to: